Last Updated: 3.9.2021
- All visitors to the Website (“Website Visitors”);
- Anyone who downloads and uses (“Platform Visitors”) the Company’s web or app-based software platform (the “Platform”);
- Anyone who uses the Company’s Website or Platform to encrypt and/or store data (“Encryption Visitors”);
- Anyone who accesses or uses the Company’s Website or Platform to host data (“Hosting Visitors”);
- Anyone who engages the Services of the Company, including subscriptions to the Platform (“Clients”);
- Anyone who creates a User account on the Website, invites other Users to the Platform, and assign roles to Users on the Website and/or Platform (“Account Owner”); and
- Anyone who receives an invite to the Platform and accesses or uses the Website as a “Guest” user (“Guest User”).
Website Visitors, Platform Visitors, Encryption Visitors, Hosting Visitors, Clients, Account Owners, and Guest Users are referred to collectively as “Users”.
In order to ensure the free, informed, and unambiguous consent of our Users to the collection and use of personal data, the Company requires all Users to read this Policy and accept the terms and conditions contained herein, together with consent to release personal data subject to such terms and conditions.
Capitalized terms used but not otherwise defined shall have the respective meanings ascribed thereto in the Company’s Terms of Service located at [https://marketreadyindex.com/terms-of-use/] (the “Terms of Service”).
This Policy addresses the following topics:
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- Data retention and deletion.
- Data usage and processing.
- Data sharing and disclosure.
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies.
- Web Beacons.
- Aggregated and Non-Personally-Identifying Information.
- Privacy policies of other websites.
- Children under the Age of 13.
- California Users.
- How to contact us?
- How to contact the appropriate authorities?
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The Company collects the following data, if applicable, on all Users:
- Personal and/or business identification information, such as name, email, address, and phone number;
- Location services, reviews, and survey responses;
- Information on your browser, IP address, location, and device;
- Information on your behavior on our website, including pages viewed, links clicked, and actions taken;
- Demographic information;
- Transaction information, including information related to the use of the Services, types of Services requested, dates and times of such requests, payment methods, and other similar information;
- Location data, including User location searches; and
- Communications data, including messages, comments, or file transmissions.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
Users directly provide data to the Company. The Company collects data and processes data when Users:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or Services;
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email;
- Use or view the Website via your browser’s cookies;
- Download content from or use the Platform;
- Connect third-party accounts to monitor performance;
- Submit content to the Website, like reviews, messages, or comments, or importing of data; and
- Enable access to their device’s location-tracking functionality, whether the Website or Platform is running in the foreground (Platform or Website open and on-screen) or background (Platform or Website open but not on-screen). Certain functionality may be affected while location data is turned off.
Clients, but not necessarily all Users, expressly and directly provide personal data, including payment information, to the Company via the Website when enrolling for the Services.
- HOW WILL WE USE YOUR DATA
The Company collects data from Users in order to:
- To enhance the safety and security of our Users and Services;
- For customer support;
- For research and development;
- To enable communications between Users;
- To send marketing and non-marketing communications to Users; and
- In connection with legal proceedings.
The Company does not sell or share User personal data with third-parties for their direct marketing, except with Users’ consent.
The Company provides software Services as defined in the Terms of Service. The Company may collect data from its Clients in order to perform such services (the “Services”).
Clients consent to the release of this information and data to the Company for the purpose of the performance of the Company’s Services for the Client’s benefit. This release of information and the relationship between the Company and its Clients is subject to the Terms of Service.
- HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
The Company securely stores Client data on servers leased from a reputable third-party hosting service located in the United States. Data is retained in accordance with the Company’s Terms of Service.
- DATA RETENTION AND DELETION
The Company retains User profile, transaction, and other information for as long as a User maintains their account.
Users may request deletion of their account at any time. Following such requests, the Company deletes the data that it is not required to retain for purposes of regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation, or other legal requirements. For example, the Company retains location, device, and usage data for these purposes for a minimum of 7 years; while it retains such data, it may also use it for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, and research and development. In certain circumstances, the Company may be unable to delete a User’s account, such as if there’s an outstanding credit on the account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, the Company will delete the account as described above.
The Company may also retain certain information if necessary, for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention. For example, if the Company deactivates a User’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, the Company may retain certain information about that account to prevent that User from opening a new account in the future.
Sometimes business and legal requirements oblige the Company to retain certain information, for specific purposes, for an extended period of time. Reasons we might retain some data for longer periods of time include: security, fraud and abuse prevention, financial record-keeping, complying with legal or regulatory requirements; ensuring the continuity of our services, or direct communications with the Company.
- DATA USAGE AND PROCESSING
We collect and use personal data only where we have one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Such grounds may vary depending on where our Users are located, but generally include processing personal data:
1. To Provide Requested Services and Features
In order to provide our Services, we must collect and use certain “Personally-Identifying Information”, which shall include:
- User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain User accounts; verify User identity; communicate with Users about their orders and accounts; and enable Users to make or receive payments (as and if applicable);
- Usage data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance the Company’s Services;
- Transaction information; and
- Information relating to customer support.
2. For Purposes of The Legitimate Interests of The Company or Other Parties
This includes using User data to maintain and enhance our Users’ safety and security. For example, we use personal data to prevent use of our Services by Users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining data of banned Users to prevent their use of the Platform.
This also includes purposes such as combating fraud; improving our Services, direct marketing, research, and development; and enforcing the Company’s Terms of Service.
In addition, it includes using personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal or insurance claims, and to protect the rights and safety of others.
3. To Fulfill the Company’s Legal Obligations
We collect and use User data to comply with applicable laws. The Company may also share data with law enforcement regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
4. With Consent
The Company may collect and use personal data based on the User’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys. Responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected.
A User who has provided consent to a collection or use of their personal data can revoke it at any time. However, the User will not be able to use any Service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.
- DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Some of the Company’s products, Services, and features require that we share data with other Users or at a User’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
The Company may share the data we collect:
1. With Other Users
This includes sharing User’s “Personally Identifying Information” shared on the Platform, which may include such User’s Profile on the Platform, and “Non-Personally-Identifying Information” is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person.
2. At the User’s Request
This includes sharing data with:
- Other people at the User’s request.
- Company business partners. For example, if a User requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, the Company may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps or websites that integrate with our APIs.
3. With the General Public
Questions or comments from Users submitted through public forums such as the Company blogs and the Company social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a User.
4. With the Company Subsidiaries and Affiliates
We share data with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, the Company processes and stores data in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
5. With the Company Service Providers and Business Partners
The Company provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
- Payment processors and facilitators;
- Background check and identity verification providers (as applicable);
- Cloud storage providers;
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services;
- Data analytics providers;
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership; with the Company or on the Company’s behalf; and
- Vendors that assist the Company to enhance the safety and security of its Platform;
6. For Legal Reasons or in the Event of a Dispute
The Company may share Users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency, public health officials, other government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service or other policies; to protect the Company’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including trip or order information, with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
7. With Consent
The Company may share a User’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the User and they consent to the sharing.
The Company may send its Users information about products and services of the Company, always with the consent of the User. Clients consent to marketing and promotional communication when they enroll for the Services pursuant to the Terms of Service.
If you have agreed to receive such marketing materials, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop the Company from contacting you for marketing purposes.
- WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
The Company is committed to making you fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every User is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request from the Company copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that the Company transfer the data collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Clients who voluntarily provide their personal data in order for the Company to provide Services do so pursuant to the Company’s Terms of Service. The retention, return, transfer, and destruction of personal data provided for such purposes is subject to the terms of such Terms of Service.
If you make a request, the Company has one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Authenticating Users
- Remembering User preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
We may also allow others to provide audience measurement and analytics services for us, to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet, and to track and report on the performance of those.
- HOW TO MANAGE YOUR COOKIES
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and you can remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of the Website features may not function as a result.
- WEB BEACONS
A “Web Beacon” is an object that is embedded in a web page or email that is usually invisible to the User and allows website operators to check whether a User has viewed a particular web page or an email. Company may use Web Beacons on the Website and in emails to count Users who have visited particular pages, viewed emails and to deliver co-branded services. Web Beacons are not used to access Users’ Personally-Identifying Information. They are a technique Company may use to compile aggregated statistics about Website usage. Web Beacons collect only a limited set of information, including a Web Cookie number, time and date of a page or email view and a description of the page or email on which the Web Beacon resides. You may not decline Web Beacons. However, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all Web Cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a Web Cookie is tendered, permitting you to accept or decline Web Cookies on an individual basis. Additionally, by setting your email client to display HTML emails as text only, you may be able to prevent the use of some web beacons. Please consult the “Help” section of your email client for more information.
The Company may use third-party vendors, including Google, who use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past activity on the Website, including Google Analytics for Display Advertising. The information collected may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. If you do not want any information to be collected and used by Google Analytics, you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) and/or opt out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings (www.google.com/settings/ads).
- AGGREGATED AND NON-PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
The Company may share aggregated and Non-Personally Identifying Information the Company collects under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our affiliate companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on the Website and on websites of third parties. We may combine Non-Personally Identifying Information the Company collects with additional Non-Personally Identifying Information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to the Website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any Personally-Identifying Information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
- PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally-Identifying Information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides Personally-Identifying Information through the Website represents to us that he or she is 13 years of age or older.
- CALIFORNIA USERS
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides California consumers with the right to obtain from the Company information about the personal information about you that we collect, use, and disclose. You can exercise your rights by providing relevant details by contacting the Company. If you choose to exercise your privacy rights, you have the right to not to receive discriminatory treatment or a lesser degree of service from the Company.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Policy, the data we hold from you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- HOW TO CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that the Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact your local Data Protection Authority.
The information contained in this web site is subject to change without notice.
Copyright © 2021 Market Ready Index, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Effective as of March 9, 2021.